Preliminary data from the latest Quarterly Affordable Housing report shows continued progress in provision of affordable housing for Tasmanians.
The Hodgman Government’s $73.5 million Affordable Housing Action Plan is on track to assisting over 1 600 households into affordable housing by June 2019, providing the help Tasmanians need to access affordable, secure and safe homes.
As at the end of December 2017 we have helped 491 new households to access safe and affordable housing including:
- 233 households assisted into affordable home ownership;
- 46 new supported accommodation units completed and utilised;
- 33 households assisted into new social housing;
- 65 affordable land lots released;
- 9 new medium term (transitional) properties provided;
- 6 households assisted into micro‑housing;
- 10 households assisted into disability accommodation; and
- 89 households assisted in escaping family violence.
Click here to read more.