Family suing WA Government after public housing accident leaves girl with severe brain damage

When Lacey Harrison and her family began noticing electrical faults in their home, she feared that worst-case scenario, her home could catch on fire.

But something far more sinister occurred, leaving her 11-year-old daughter Denishar Woods blind and with a catastrophic brain injury after being electrocuted when touching a garden tap.

On Monday morning the family, alongside Gerry Georgatos from the National Indigenous Critical Response, and their lawyer Stewart Levitt of Levitt Robinson Solicitors will announce that they will be starting legal proceedings against the Western Australian State Government and the Department of Housing.

“The best case scenario would be to have my little girl back. No money, not nothing is going to change how we feel or the traumatisation we’ve been through,” Ms Harrison told NITV News.

Around 8pm on March 3 this year Ms Harrison was watering the garden of her Perth home.

Click here to read more.