Website Argyle Housing
A better future for our Community
Tenancy Officer – Griffith, NSW
At Argyle, our business is providing and managing secure, sustainable housing for people on low to moderate incomes. We are responsive to local needs and are committed to building sustainable communities. We are looking for someone who can help us to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and can demonstrate actions that will reflect the values that Argyle places on its people, teamwork and our commitment to superior customer service.
Reporting to the Team Leader and located in Griffith (NSW), the Tenancy Officer will provide housing assistance solutions and tenancy management in a specific housing portfolio. The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate empathy and a calm, caring/non-judgemental approach; have an understanding of complex issues and their impact on people; and have the ability to build trusting relationships. For full job details, download a position description from our website: http://argylehousing.com.au/about-us/jobs-at-argyle
This role will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with various tenant support agencies and government departments
- Accurate management of Tenant accounts/records
- Periodically complete property out/in-going inspections
- Respond to maintenance requests and follow-up with the Maintenance Officer
- Support tenancy and community participation initiatives
- Provide regular submissions for the Tenancy Newsletter
- Provide outreach services to Tenants from various locations to enhance service delivery
- Work collaboratively within the team, office and field environments and contribute to team outcomes
- Cert. IV Social Housing or Property Services (Real Estate); or 2 years relevant experience
- Experience in Community Housing coupled with an understanding of issues affecting socially disadvantaged groups and those with complex and challenging housing needs.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of tenancies
- Proficiency in preparing reports
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply standards, legislation, policy and guidelines in the provision of services to tenants.
- Current Australian driver’s license and the ability and willingness to travel across NSW and the ACT.
It is a requirement of this position that applicants who apply must have or must be willing to obtain a valid National Police Check and a Working with Children Check
Next Steps – Send your CV, together with a cover letter addressing each of the ‘selection criteria’ to Jennifer Bannister via email@example.com.
Applications Close: 8 October 2018 or prior if right candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org