Website Compass Housing
Compass Housing Services is an established and progressive Tier One National Community Housing provider and our mission is to see that all people have appropriate and affordable shelter and are engaged in sustainable communities.
Reporting to the Group Chief Operating Officer, we are seeking a proactive and engaging leader who can effectively coordinate the delivery of tenancy and property management services to our tenants within the Brisbane area.
You will lead the team in:
- Providing effective staff management and active leadership that drives accountability and performance while maintaining an environment of trust and accountability;
- The implementation of operational service plans;
- Maintaining responsibility for compliance with all Housing programmes and key performance benchmarks
- Identifying, building and maintaining effective relationships within the organisation as well as with external stakeholders
We are seeking an experienced leader who can manage the day to day operational needs of our QLD portfolio and provide strong direction and leadership to the local team. Our ideal candidate will be proactive and passionate about their role, and will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Your experience will include management of the operational budget, ensuring financial KPIs are met and monitoring the Operations of the QLD portfolio and providing regular status reports on operational performance, budget, key risks and compliance obligations.
- Diploma, Graduate or Post qualifications in business or community services with previous operational/regional management experience in the not for profit sector;
- Extensive experience and networks in the community/public housing sector or related discipline;
- Proven experience in a leadership role
- Track record of success in ambiguous/complex environments and strong commercial acumen;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence across all levels
- Experience in meeting key performance benchmarks, budget control and reporting
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel reporting and presentation skills
- Sound understanding of good governance and working knowledge of relevant legislation;
- Experience in the development and implementation of strategic and operational business plans (desired);
All candidates must be willing to undertake and pass a National Criminal History check as part of the recruitment process, have a current drivers license and possess an understanding of issues affecting socially disadvantaged groups including those experiencing or at risk of homelessness, people with a disability and people from a non-English speaking background.
In addition to an attractive salary package, the successful applicant will also have access to:
- Salary packaging of $15,900 tax-free pay per fringe benefit year to increase your take home pay (details via Prosperity Advisers)
- Annual training allowance and paid study days
- Flexible working arrangements either a 19-day month or 9-day fortnight (based on working additional hours of work)
- Access to KPI bonus system following the minimum employment period
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
How to apply
When applying, please ensure you address the key selection criteria as part of your application. To apply and view the Position Description, please visit our website www.compasshousing.org/about/
Confidential enquiries may be made by contacting Rhiannon Williams, Human Resource Officer on 02 4920 2600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close COB Wednesday 25 July 2018
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com