Unity welcomed more than 2,700 new tenants into the housing portfolio on September 23, following the transfer of 1,107 SAHT properties into our management.
As a result of this transfer, the scale and geographic reach has expanded considerably to now include the Limestone Coast (374 properties) and a greater portion of Adelaide’s western suburbs (an additional 733 properties).
A new office has opened in Mount Gambier and outreach offices in Seaton, Millicent and Naracoorte.
In order to achieve the long term vision for the West and Limestone Coast stock transfer regions, we are actively preparing development strategies to deliver a number of social, affordable and market housing outcomes. The work undertaken in the 2016/17 financial year will enable Unity to deliver a future program of:
- new social housing for retention;
- new affordable housing for retention;
- new affordable housing for sale via pathways to home ownership (rent to buy);
- new affordable housing for sale via pathways to home ownership (shared appreciation);
- new market housing for sale; and
- upgrade of transferred stock.